Blogger Layouts

Monday, August 10, 2009

I think Im going to like it here!

So the long awaited day has arrived. We finally got the keys to our (my) dream home. I really do love it and I think it truly is the perfect fit for us. So far everything seems to be working ship shape as far as we can tell since not quite all of the utilities are turned on. The yard is overgrown since it has been empty for a year but that can be fixed with a little sweat equity.
I keep thinking of the 80's movie "Money Pit" and all the trouble we could run into but so far so good, no bathtubs have crashed through the second floor yet.
The boys LOVE all the space and wear themselves out running around. Of course, cordon is scared of the basement but will go down there if we all do.
Here is a picture of the front door as we are about to enter the first time. We were all very excited. Lance's parents met us for dinner at 10:30 to celebrate. Yes, that is pm. Lance's dad was just on his lunch break he had to go back and bail hay the entire night since it was supposed to rain in the morning. The boys will be about 2 miles from their cousins so they are soooo excited to see them more often.
This is the picture Darren took of Lance carrying me over the threshold for the first time.

6 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Looks like fun I can't wait to see the inside all I have seen is the outside. Well if you need someone to go mow that lawn or whatever I would be happy to do it.

Bryson and Kristy said...

Oh man congrats guys!!!! I can't wait to see it! I'd love to help out with anything once we move back to Utah!

Brad said...

more pictures!!! soo excited for you guys!

Darren & Kenna said...

Yeah!! Beautiful front door! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Matt and Vanessa said...

Katie I just want to tell you I am very impressed with all you do. (You too Lance). I don't know if I would have had the guts to rip a good mirror of the wall. You are awesome! By the way we will be happy to come and help again anytime. That water slide idea was a hit!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Yay! How exciting to be in a home of your own. Enjoy.