Blogger Layouts

Monday, September 7, 2009

Before and in-the-process pictures

After much hard work and ALOT of help from Lance's sisters Vanessa and Natalie we have made a serious dent in the weeds and overgrowth. Things are coming along nicely and hopefully when spring comes around again we will get things the way we want them for the time being. I can't wait to enjoy all the blossoms in the spring.

I have come up close and personal with a lot of cool bugs. And for me to say that really means something. I saw a bright green praying mantis which the boys were convinced was going to go kung fu on them. Also a way cool aphid that looked so much like a leaf I really had to look hard to tell it was an insect. I have seen pretty much every kind of Grasshopper and dreadfully just as many types of spiders. I usually do not appreciate this kind of thing but they really were very cool.

Next we need to get to work on the backyard. Im glad that we get to go back to Provo and rest and recuperate.

7 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! you have made a HUGE difference!! The lawn looks huge, who gets to mow it? We will be coming home in November so hopefully we will get the grand tour!!

Meg said...

Your new house is amazing and beautiful!

JaNell said...

That looks like it was a lot of work!! It's looking good! Beautiful house, Congrats!
JaNell

Stephanie said...

ho.ly.crap.

Bryson and Kristy said...

I'd say it looks ready for a party! I can't believe what a difference you've made! Busy little bees!

Jensen Family said...

Katie you have done an awesome job. It is looking so good. Way too go I totally understand you have to go back to Provo for some relaxing since you sure don't get it up North. And Becky I get to mow there lovely lawn and believe me it is HUGE, it takes quite a while.

brittany marie davis said...

Talk about gigantic yard! Looks like a lovely home. Glad you were able to get so much done and be able to appreciate all the critters in the process.