Blogger Layouts

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm calling my shot



So I'm just settling down for my pregame BM (what can I say I don't handle pressure well).  Decided I'd go out on a limb and post my thoughts on the game that is starting in 2 hours 16 minutes.  I'm picking BYU 34-31.  Some of you know the significance of that score....for those that don't you wouldn't understand anyway.
I'm predicting that BYU comes out with a chip on their shoulder that we haven't seen since UCLA.  The defense will have to come to play in order to win.  If they don't we lose big.  I don't think.  I think we move the ball pretty well on their D.  If Pitta is not above 90% it will be harder.  Offense will need to play well to make up for deficiencies on D.  It all comes down to us stopping them a few times, Brian Johnson being Brian Johnson and stopping them a few times and Ludwig being Ludwig and stopping them a couple times.  
I like that we are underdogs and all the pressure is on them.  I don't like that Utah always seems to play above themselves when they play us.  
So here's to my mom's first live BYU game ends up with a W.  If not we can hope Utah plays a good team in their bowl for once and then we can stop hearing about the bowl winning streak, earned against teams that no one cares about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I never anticipated that the game would go that way. BYU wasn't looking too bad when they came back and tied it at 17. I thought it was going to be a great game with BYU even taking the lead by halftime, so I thought. Unfortunately there was no miracle this year. It was obvious that BYU was beat by a superior team and this game was the first, imo, that the Utah looked like a top 10 team, or was it that Hall looked like a Ute. If locking eyes with your receiver isn't a sure fire way to tell the defense what you're doing, I don't what is! I've been a Hall fan from the beginning and know he'll be back next year, but he definitely cracked tonight.
It was fun to see Unga receive a snap and Collie get some RB calls too.
Noticed on ESPN's pregame article there was a video of Hall. He had a Y on the back of his left hand, just a thought, was that to remind him of what team he's on?

Stephanie said...

somehow i have a feeling that katie wasn't the real author behind that, as the tag says. i dunno, but i think it was the first sentence that gave it away.