Blogger Layouts

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Darren

My big man, Darren is now 4 years old!  He has accomplished quite a bit in the last year.
His number one accomplishment was right before Cam was born which was potty training.
We worked  with Darren off and on for over a year.  Numerous bribes were given and threatenings and pleadings but then one day he just decided he wanted to go on the toilet and that was that.  Darren is such an individual.  To me he seems like the life of the party and loves
to be around people, any and all people.  If he doesn't know your name he will just refer to you as friend. Darren gets very hyper in group settings and loves to run around and show off.  He is a bit of a dare-devil but mostly, I think, he lacks a bit of common sense. He has had more black eyes than anyone I know. And has had many other injuries as well. I think Darren came to the right parents.
He loves planes, trains, tractors, race cars, and motorcycles. He always begs me to tell him stories made up about him racing any one of these things.  He is a wiz at puzzles and one of the few things he will actually sit down and concentrate on.  He could easily be a parents favorite if parents picked favorites but they don't do they?
Darren has recently perfected his touchdown dance.  Anytime he does something great he breaks out in a celebratory dance.  My family in Oregon got to witness the Michael Jackson version of this dance, which I am glad that I have not seen since.
Anyway, I can't imagine our family without Darren. There is never a dull moment with him around.





3 comments:

brittany marie davis said...

What sweet and funny tidbits.
Happy Birthday Darren!

Anonymous said...

I love that shit of his in his 2nd birthday picture I think it is? No, you come down! That is so fitting for him!

Anonymous said...

I meant shirt! Oh I didn't mean to cuss on your blog