Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What was he doing with a knife anyway?

So here is what happens when a 2 year old gets a paring knife.  Are you more shocked at the condition of the couch or the fact that a mother would keep a paring knife in a place where a two year old could get to it?  If you are like most people my husband has told they want know why he had access to a knife anyway.  Well, here is the answer to all of you who think I should be turned in.  I. Don't. Know.  Honestly, I didn't think about it. I have all the big knives put away but didn't really think about a little ol' paring knife that was handed down to me 6 years ago. I really didn't think it could even cut a hot dog but apparently I was wrong.  This post was originally going to be about all the times people have thought it be necessary to scold me about my mothering. Like the time I was cussed out at the mall by a lady that thought it was Bull**** that I would let my kids out of their stroller.  Or the perv in the hotel room next to us who had his erotic show turned up way to loud that wanted my kids kept quiet at 4 in the afternoon. Or the security guard at the hospital that yelled at me for letting my kids come in and out of the automatic door insisting that it was very dangerous for them to do that.  COME ON!  I thought that was the point of a door.  Annoying? Yes. I get that, but dangerous?  My kids can be annoying, yes, but give a mom a break here.  And for those of you who are thinking that they lack discipline "How does a cold shower with all your clothes on sound to you?"  So instead of spending my time going on and on about that, my husband (who BTW thinks I am overprotective) wants me to try and get these "tears" covered under warranty.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I would DIE!! That child would be put into time out for a decade. :) ha ha. I can't stop laughing. I'm sooooo sorry, but that's funny. Good thing you married a doctor who can go buy you a new couch?!?! Good luck!

Lance said...

You better stop laughing. Don't make me fly through this wall...

Autumn said...

Must be the 2nd born. Mine hasn't used a couch as a cutting board but he's done plenty.I'm calling it "Curiousity".
Boys will be boys. Don't let strangers ignorant remarks get to you. You're a good mom!

Shannon said...

OH MY HECK!! I would seriously want to draw blood for that one. I know dogs don't really compare but that's all I have. When Chompers pees on our carpet I seriusly flip out (i.e. yell, scream, give her a good smack, rub her nose in it, and lock her outside). Hey maybe you should try that tactic, I'll bet he never does it again! :)

Unknown said...

Not that I'm a professional or anything, but I wouldn't worry about your mothering. So your child got a hold of a knife and cut holes in your couch? Being a boy growing up with two other boys I'm sure he'll think of other things that will put this incident to shame. Wait until then to question your mothering :-)

brittany marie davis said...

Katie, you are such a sweetie that I can't imagine someone sassing you while you are out and about. Losers!

That is crazy about your couch. You just never know what sneaky little boys will do or find.

Stephanie said...

oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gosh...i can't wait to show this to nick so he can get off my back about the teeny (in comparison to yours) hole that noah put in our couch with a knife.

Anonymous said...

Katie the only reason people harass you about your mothering is because they have no idea how to live life and take themselves WAY too seriously. You're a fabulous mother and if I were to be there when these ignorant @$$holes decided to give their 2 cents they would have had another thing coming from me! Nobody talks to my sister that way and gets away with it!!! You are a fabulous mom I love you.