Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bring on Christmas!!

Christmas spirit has hit our house in a big way this year.  The excitement is contagious when you have a three year old in the house that loves everything about the season.  We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving (thanks to the advice from natalie) and ever since then it has been nonstop talk about Christmas.  Darren certainly is obsessed with what toy Santa will bring him but he also loves everything else we have been doing to celebrate.  Lance has all his ornaments from every year of his childhood and Darren wanted to know how old Lance was when he got each ornament and what he was doing at that age. Im surprised that Darren's attention span lasted through all the ornaments but he loved decorating the tree.  He has also watched Mickey's Christmas at least once a day and wants to send Santa a letter everyday.
I have talked to Darren about the true meaning of Christmas and surprisingly he loves talking about Jesus being born in bethlehem and his mother is Mary. He helped me set up my new Nativity and we talked about the first Christmas. When I told him that the wise men brought him presents he got stuck on that and insisted that they brought the baby Jesus toys and keeps asking what toys he got.



4 comments:

Cami said...

That is one of my favorite parts of Christmas, the kids excitement. The innocence and simplicity of children is astounding!
Merry Christmas! By the way, those pictures are perfect for Christmas cards!

Jensen Family said...

I am sure glad you have not forgotten when to put up your Christmas Tree. :)

brittany marie davis said...

Love the Santa hats on the boys. It's Christmas at the Davis' too. I don't know why it is taking our kids so long to get giddy about the season. I mean we put our lights up Thanksgiving day. Maybe I can make up some stories about our ornaments. :)

Matt and Vanessa said...

Hopefully he hasn't reach the point he is too excited to sleep and then wakes up at 3 AM to see if santa came. I think that is what we will be doing again this year. I just have to laugh though because it brings back the good old memories of doing it myself and I make my kids wait until we are all dressed and ready just like we had to. There is nothing like anticipation!