Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Barker dictionary

So every kid/family has their own language and we
definitely do too. All of it has been made up by my kids
but since it is used so regularly I don't realize I've adopted
their language until I get blank stares or quizzical looks by
other people I am talking to.
Here are some examples of our barker vocabulary;

Han-ga-wer = Hamburger
toy shows = cartoons
to have "feet on" = to have bare feet
cake and brownies = pancakes and berries
panpakes = pancakes
baboogans = bakugan's
moomie = Lighting Mcqueen (Cars was the first movie they ever saw so
they call him "moomie" for movie since Darren couldn't say his v sound)
Crapa = Grandpa
mmm's = m&m's
bullzer = bulldozer
van car = our van
ketchup and white = ketchup and ranch
grills = girls
blue water = powerade
Family home eating = Family home evening
Mictar = guitar
daddy's house = the hospital

Try ordering a happy meal with a han-ga-wer and blue water and you will get a very strange look.
I wanted to get these things documented before they realize the real way to say things.
I know that there are other fun words that have come and gone that seemed so common at the time that I never thought I would forget. I wanted to get these in writing while they are still in our everyday language because someday a hamburger will just be a hamburger.


3 comments:

Autumn said...

Good idea!! We say "grills" here at our house too. :)

Becky said...

So true about thinking you will never forget them. What a great idea to record them.

Darren & Kenna said...

Thanks for sharing the Barker dictionary! I remember Darren saying moomie; it's pretty adorable. Dido...great idea to record it. Aren't blogs great?!