Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mmmmm!

Salmon Pasta
This is one of the easiest most scrumptious meals I have made lately and
I am already craving it again. It took less than 20 min. to prepare and was a hit
with the kiddos also. They gobbled it down!
Ingredients:
1 TBS fennel seeds
3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 TBS brown sugar
salt & pepper
1 lb salmon fillet
1 lb corkscrew or other short pasta
10 ounces of spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
2 to 3 TBS fresh lemon juice

Step 1. Heat broiler. Crush fennel seeds and put in a small plastic bag, add parsley, brown sugar, salt and pepper and shake to mix.

2. Press mixture onto the skinless side of the salmon. Broil salmon about 8 min.

3. Flake salmon with a fork. Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente, about 13 min. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Drain pasta return it to the warm pot and add spinach and toss.

4.In a small bowl mix together the sour cream, lemon juice to taste, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 TBS pasta water.

5. Put pasta on plate, top with salmon, drizzle with sour cream mixture.


P.S. so any one that knows me knows that I don't follow recipes. and this recipe can be easily adjusted.

3 comments:

Darren & Kenna said...

Thank you so much for sharing a recipe...I really struggle in this department!! I can't wait to try it out. Any other recipes you want to send my way would be great :)

brittany marie davis said...

looks delish! I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks!

Meg said...

oh my, that looks delicious!