Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cancun


Lance just got back from Cancun a couple of weeks ago. He went for a Sports Medicine Conference. Go ahead, ask him what he learned. Really, who goes to Cancun to learn anything?
Am I just bitter? kinda but not really. I didn't really feel like going because I have been so sick lately. But I was secretly happy when I heard it was raining down there. Was I jealous? yeah. I love traveling and I used to travel a lot, you know, before kids. I would never trade my kids for all the traveling in the world but sometimes I just crave a little adventure.
So when I feel a little sorry for myself I just get out my shot glasses and drown my sorrows in the memories of past journeys.
When I was a kid and my dad was traveling a lot for work. He started bringing me home Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts from the major cities he had visited. As I grew older and started my own traveling I kept this tradition alive by collecting my own HRC souvenirs. I chose the shot glass because, hey, those never go out of style and well they were also the cheapest thing they sell.
So when Lance went down to cancun I asked him to bring me back a shot glass. I know this sounds like cheating since I wasn't with him but I have actually been there before. It just was before my drinking days and I didn't get my beloved HRC cancun shot glass. So now I had to break out the collection in order to add this one to it.
So even though my passport expires this month, I dream of distant places and far off lands and the day when I can actually fit into my bikini again. I am going to have a long time to plan my next destination so I hope my sister finds away to stay in Dublin for a while or does anyone know if there is a HRC in Tahiti?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

wait- which sister is in Dublin and WHY?

Lance said...

Mary is going to an Archeology field school after she graduates from Marylhurst in June.