Blogger Layouts

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Favorite yum yum summertime treat.

Fresh Fruit Tart

Whether I am bringing dessert to a party or hiding and indulging quietly by myself this dessert is probably my #1 favorite summertime treat (which is saying a lot because I have many many favorite treats). It is light and sweet and with all those beautiful berry antioxidants it is hard to feel to guilty after indulging.
Recipe
Crust
1 and 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 stick and 3 TB butter
combine and press into tart pan. Bake for 8 min. at 350 degrees. (do not overcook)

Filling
1 package cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1tsp vanilla
zest and juice of lime
stir together and spread into cooled tart crust

layer with all your favorite seasonal berries or fruits. Peaches would be awesome too!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

That was delicious I will have to make that. You are so good at making desserts.