Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year, new post


So this year's new years resolution is to document our lives a bit better. I am constantly asking Lance "which kid used to say this?" or "How old was so and so when they learned to do this?" or even "what did we do for Christmas the year we were married?" These are all things I thought I would never forget and yet I have or it's a blur.
Im not a hand written journal person that just won't happen so I am going to try to keep it up on here.
And a few nights ago confirmed this very thought of documenting.
Our household was going through the flu. A very quick flu but it only hit at night and each night was a new kid. Well, the other night Darren got it and I made a bed for him on the couch, tucked him in, put on a movie and set a big bowl right by his side. Then I made a bed for me on the couch right by him to help him during what I new would be a long night.
He woke up periodically and would throw up in his bowl while I would rub his back and tell him he was doing great getting the barf in the bowl. And in between these times I would also stand over the garbage disposal and be sick also. It was a long night and we were both miserable. However, the next morning Darren was miraculously healed and was going 100% again. I was still recovering but Darren took a second from his day and without prompting from anyone he said to me, "Thanks for staying up with me last night mom." Big deal right. Well not from this six year old boy and not to me. It was a sincere, out of the blue thank you and even though I was not feeling 100% he made me feel like a 100% mom.

So these are the little things I want to remember. Because Im sure I won't soon forget that long miserable night but I really don't ever want to forget that my six year old appreciated me spending it with him.

No comments: