Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The scent of a Cordon

I remember in high school that some of the girls would buy their boyfriends cologne, I guess, as a way to mark their territory. Everytime they smelled that scent they would think of their boyfriend and even would spray their pillows so they could think of him at night. I thought that was actually a pretty cool thing to do but there were two problems; I never had a steady boyfriend to buy cologne and I didn't really like the smell of any cologne I had ever smelled.
Well a few years ago I decided that now I had a steady man in my life I would try out this experiment. I went to the mall and tested almost every scent until they were all just a mixed up mess in my nostrils. I gave it to Lance for some holiday and was sure that everytime I smelled that smell I would think of Lance and get all googly eyed. Well I still get googly eyed but that scent was not doing it for me and not sure that I wanted to think of Lance every time that it hit my nose.
Well a few days ago just as we were leaving on vacation for a couple days I hear a blood curdling scream and see Cordon, with pants covering his face, aimlessly running around the living room. I grab him and find out he had sprayed this cologne directly in his eyes. Lance took him to the bathroom to flush out his eyes while our drama king Cordon kept exclaiming "This is the worst day of my life" and "I wish it was the future so my eyes didn't hurt anymore." Anyway, soon enough Cordon was feeling better and we were on our way to our vacation destination. Two hours of sitting in the car in a cloud of Allure for men just about made my head spin. But at least now I don't think that scent will make me think of Lance anymore but instead a hysterical kid with pants over his head and subsequently a long very aromatic car ride. I retired that bottle to the garbage can and decided I very much like the smell of Irish Spring better anyway.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ha! You are so good at recaputuring moments. What a funny story. Poor little guy.