Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my wife. And I wish you my kind of success.

Don't know why I titled it that way but that has always been one of my favorite quotes.  If you know where it is from then don't admit to anyone that you watch rated R movies.  Anyway these late nights with Axel have caused me to be introspective as well as retrospective...as well as tired.  So I came upon this little ditty and it has caused me to reflect...

This little clip was a crossroads in my life.  I am so thankful for the road I was able to take. I remember telling my mom before I got accepted to med school that I felt my place was not at the U.  (that is a blessing in and of itself that I never had to be a Ute just to save a measly $25, 000 per year or a grand total of $100,000.  Man did I ever dodge that bullet).  I have had multiple impressions that God had a hand in my going to Oregon.  Katie wouldn't come to Utah so I had to go there to find her.  What a blessing she has been in my life.  I've never met someone so good hearted and lacking guile.  Not to mention how hot she is.  That is a definite plus as well.  So I don't know what would have happened if the Lord had not seen fit to bless me with a place in the OHSU entering class of 2002.  
I've never been happier and more fulfilled than I am right now.  I love what I do.  I have an incredible wife.  I HAVE 3 BOYS!!!  I have been blessed with incredible friends and family...  And BYU is on the verge of busting the BCS.  I couldn't ask for anything more....So what is the point of all this rambling?  Nothing much other than to thank God for his many blessings.  To thank Katie for her love and to put my true feelings for the University of Utah onto the world wide web.

4 comments:

Ezra said...

The best part about this video is "Sweet Child" playing in the background.

Lance said...

lol. You know I thought the same thing as I was watching it last night.

Cort and Amy said...

I have to disagree with my good friend EZ. The best part of this is how cheers of jubilation quickly turned into Darren and I impersonating my ex-step father. There are only 4 people on this earth that know what that's all about.

I remember that moment well. Lance always knew how I felt about him applying to the U. Not only did Lance begin the most significant phase of his life's journey this day, he also retained a friend.

The U is good for nothing. Nothing.

Cort and Amy said...

PS, I love the late great Dickie Fox.