Blogger Layouts

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tribute to Jared, Cort, and Darren

So I've been uploading all my old video onto my computer for easier access and viewing.  It has reiterated what I always knew, my last set of roommates, and my best friends in the whole world, were dang funny.  I appreciated the fact that no matter how bad my day sucked, I could always count on being cheered up when I got home.  So I've been saddened by the fact that I can't share any of these precious moments because, up until today, I thought none of my old friends frequented the blogging world.  Cortney let me know today that that is not the case.  
So for Cort and Jared and perhaps a few apt 23 lurkers I give you vintage Darren.  I know this will bring loud laughter.  For most of you who do not know who or what I'm talking about you will just stare dumbfounded.  And that pretty much explains our everyday life together.  He would likely kill me if he saw this, and he now has the skills to do so, but I figure if you name your kid after someone you have some liberties to share what you love about them to the world.  As I think anyone who knows him could tell you, when Darren was on his game there was no one funnier.  And who can forget Jared.  The man who taught me to dance.  He was just a little guy but he sure knew how to use a thesaurus.  I realize Cort is not in this clip but that will change with future posts.  I do in fact have "the divorce song" filed away.  
And lest my wife get jealous of this lovefest to 3 other men.  Spending 3 long, miserable, single years with these guys helped me loosen up so that when I came to Portland I was the funny, life of the party guy you came to love.  So Katie this is, in a way, a tribute to you.  The men who molded me into the lovable guy you once found so enchanting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha. Oh, I miss the old nuskin days when you guys all worked here (except Darren of course) but I loved hearing your stories about him. ha ha. Where is Jared these days? The loser isn't replying to my emails!?!?!

scott, natalie and kids said...

That is awesome! I miss those days too. But, getting up at night with a newborn is pretty great too, right?!?

Lance said...

I love that too. But I'm a bigger fan of having 2 of my sons sing the fight song with me before going to bed every night.

Lance said...

And by the way Natalie...when I am ever going to get the blessed invite to your blog?

Unknown said...

Lance and gang, those were some good times. Great times back then I must say, some as we shared our Cougar depression, other times with our chatting online with accents only we as typers could hear and of course having great times at the Barker farm (I always loved the peaches, milk, ice cream or some other weather-deciding peach dessert). However, times have changed for the much better in my personal life having traded 3 buddies for 1 fine looking lady! And now, here I sit having a baby on my lap as I reminisce about the good ole college days.